How Does Big Ben Keep Accurate Time?
When parliament commissioned this clock in 1854, they insisted Big Ben be the biggest, most powerful clock in the world...
Royal Courts of Justice
The Royal Courts of Justice, commonly called the Law Courts, is a court building in London which houses both the High Court and Court of Appeal of England and Wales. Designed by George Edmund Street, ...
St Stephen's Church, Shepherd's Bush
The Church of St Stephen and St Thomas is an Anglican church in Shepherd's Bush, London. It is a so-called "Commissioners' church"; a Church of England church in the United Kingdom built with money vo...
St. Mary's Church, Hanwell
St Mary's Parish Church is a Church of England church situated at the western end of Church Road in Hanwell, London. Dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, it is still in active use today.
Built up...
Two Temple Place
Two Temple Place, known for many years as Astor House, is a building situated near Victoria Embankment in central London, England. It is known for its architecture, and contains notable works by the l...
South London Theatre
The South London Theatre is a Community theatre in West Norwood in the London Borough of Lambeth, England. The first play opened in October 1967, and it is now a busy theatrical venue, presenting mor...
Palace of Westminster
The Palace of Westminster is the meeting place of the House of Commons and the House of Lords, the two houses of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. Commonly known as the Houses of Parliament after ...
Our Lady of Lourdes, Wanstead
Our Lady Of Lourdes church is the Catholic parish church of Wanstead, and is part of the Diocese of Brentwood.
A mass centre was opened in Wanstead in 1910 by the parish priest of Walthamstow. In ...
Strangers' Bar
The Strangers' Bar is a bar in the Palace of Westminster, the home of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It is open to MPs and officers of Parliament, their guests, and members of parliamentary sta...
St Cuthbert's, Earls Court
St Cuthbert's, Philbeach Gardens (Earls Court) is a Grade II* listed Anglican church at 52/3 Philbeach Gardens, Earls Court, London SW5.It was built 1884-87, designed by the architect Hugh Roumieu Gou...
St Luke's Church, Oseney Crescent
St Luke's Church, Oseney Crescent, Kentish Town, was a redundant Anglican church in the parish of Camden Town, London, under the care of the Churches Conservation Trust until 15 April 2011. At that t...
St Alban's Church, Teddington
St Alban's Church is a former church located in Teddington, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, England. It was dedicated to Saint Alban, the first English Christian martyr. The building, ...
Immaculate Conception Church, Farm Street
The Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street, also known as Farm Street Church, is a Roman Catholic parish church run by the Society of Jesus in Mayfair, central London. Its main entrance is i...
King's Cross St. Pancras tube station
King's Cross St. Pancras is a London Underground station located within the London Borough of Camden. It serves King's Cross and St Pancras main line stations and falls within fare zone 1.
King's ...
House of Commons Library
The House of Commons Library is the library and information resource of the lower house of the British Parliament. It has adopted the phrase "Contributing to a well-informed democracy" as a summary of...
All Saints Notting Hill
All Saints Notting Hill is a Victorian Anglican church in Talbot Road, Notting Hill, London. It is a Grade II* listed building, built of stone with polychrome decoration in the Victorian gothic style....
Church of Christ the King, Bloomsbury
The Church of Christ the King is a church belonging to the Catholic Apostolic Church which is situated in Gordon Square, Bloomsbury, London, beside Dr Williams's Library and near University College Lo...
St Augustine's, Kilburn
Saint Augustine's, Kilburn, is an Anglican church in the area of Kilburn, in North London, United Kingdom. Because of its large scale and ornate architecture, it is sometimes affectionately referred t...
St Stephen's Chapel
St Stephen's Chapel, sometimes called the Royal Chapel of St Stephen, was a chapel in the old Palace of Westminster which served as the chamber of the House of Commons of England and that of Great Bri...
Church of the Annunciation, Marble Arch
The Church of the Annunciation, Marble Arch, is an Anglican church in the Marble Arch district of London, UK. It is dedicated to the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Grade II*-listed Edwar...
All Saints, Margaret Street
All Saints, Margaret Street, is a Grade I listed Anglican church in London. The church was designed by the architect William Butterfield and built between 1850 and 1859. It has been hailed as Butterfi...
St John the Divine, Kennington
St John the Divine, Kennington, is an Anglican church in London. The parish of Kennington is within the Anglican Diocese of Southwark. The church was designed by the architect George Edmund Street (wh...
St. Dionis, Parsons Green
St. Dionis, Parsons Green is a Grade II listed church at Parsons Green, Fulham, London. It is an Anglican church.
The church was built in 1886 in the Perpendicular Gothic style to a design by the ...
The Ascension, Lavender Hill
The Ascension of The Lord, Lavender Hill, is an Anglican church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition, situated on Lavender Hill, in Battersea, South West London. It is thought to be the first church in E...
St Gabriel's, Warwick Square
St Gabriel's, Warwick Square, is an Anglo-Catholic church in Pimlico. It lies within the Deanery of Westminster (St Margaret) within the Diocese of London. It was constructed as part of Thomas Cubit...
St Pancras railway station
St Pancras railway station (/seɪnt ˈpæŋkrəs/ or /sənt ˈpæŋkrəs/), also known as London St Pancras and since 2007 as St Pancras International, is a central London railway terminus and Grade I list...
Imperial Monumental Halls and Tower
The Imperial Monumental Halls and Tower was a grandiose Gothic complex designed for a site in London adjacent to Westminster Abbey. The plans, exhibited at the Royal Academy in March 1904, included a...
Big Ben
Big Ben is the nickname for the Great Bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London, and often extended to refer to the clock and the clock tower.The tower is officially kn...
The Tower House
The Tower House at 29 Melbury Road is a late Victorian townhouse in London's Holland Park district of Kensington and Chelsea, built between 1875 and 1881 by the architect and designer William Burges a...
Painted Chamber
The Painted Chamber was part of the original Palace of Westminster. It was destroyed by fire in 1834.Because it was originally a royal residence, the Palace did not include any purpose-built chambers ...